How to Remove Spin Mop Head?
To keep the house clean and tidy, the Spin mop is one of the most popular household tools that many homeowners are using. There Are some opportunities that you can use to clean your house with the most modern mop that you have. However, after a few uses from the deep cleaning of your home, your broom can get dirty and need to be cleaned. If the mop is dirty, then your effort in cleaning your house will come to waste. The only choice you have is to wash the mop head or replace it with the new one.
In case your mop head is still okay to use, you could remove the head and wash it. Before washing the head, you will want to remove the mop head properly to avoid malfunction or a broken mop. For the spin mop, you need to remove the head first before washing it. Each model from a different manufacturer has different markings of twists and turns on the head. That’s why opening the mop can be challenging if you never did this before.
First, you can do to look at the moving pattern at the head of the mop. The branded spin mop should have a manual that you can read. In the manual, there will be head-removing instructions. Many times, people are overlooking this aspect so that they don’t know what’s wrong with their jammed or broken spin head. So, always play by the book.
In case you don’t find the manual, you could read the instruction given on the official site of the spin mop model. Alternatively, you could reach their customer service to help you with the method.
By using your hands, you could twist the various spin mop head gently. If it sticks or doesn’t follow your twist, you might do it in the wrong direction. There’s a good chance that you turn in the right direction the first time you try it. The point is that you need to see the twist, and then you could pull the head from the mop. Pull it gently from the shaft, and you are good to go.
Keep in mind that some models need a stronger force to release their mop heads. If the manual that you read says so, don’t hesitate to use your power because it won’t hamper the product. Pull the head gently, and you are just doing great.
Sometimes, the mop head sticks to the attachment. You will also want to remove the attachment before washing your mop spin head.
Keep in mind that not all heads are machine washable. Again, you will need to read the official instructions from the manufacturer for this.
If you are washing with the machine, make sure to remove any extra attachments from the head. The attachment can be wire or rubbing material. If you neglect this, there’s a chance the head can damage your washing machine. Removing the enclosure is also easy to do. With a few attempts, it will become your nature.
What are the steps for removing Spin Mop Head?
Well, there may be instructions in the user manual, but It will be better to follow the manufacturer’s manual. As you know different manufacturers use different techniques and tricks for their products.
In general here the steps are described for your help!
Step-by-Step Process of How to Remove Spin Mop Head?
As already mentioned, the mopping head can be removed from the mopping when cleaning is required. There must be markings or instructions on how to twist the head off. Follow our step-by-step tutorial to do it right.
Step 1: Examine the Head
All mops have patterns on their heads. This pattern shows you the way, and how to twist it to remove it from the mop. Once you find the mop head, you can easily separate it. Some mops have C-clamp pins or wing nuts. Also, the head can be unscrewed and removed.
Step 2: Twist the Head
Now you need to twist the mop head in the direction suggested itself. But if there is no mark or pattern, and you do not find anything in the instruction manual, try to twist it both ways but slowly. You don’t need to be a wrestler to twist it too hard as it can break the main structure of the mop. Naturally, It could be twisted to one side. When you can twist the head, pull it off from the main body slowly.
Step 3: Use a Little Force
There’s a good chance it won’t remove the mop head at all. If so, try twisting it with some force. Avoid applying excessive force as this may damage the mop.
Step 4: Remove All Extra Things from the Mop Head
Normally, most mop heads are machine washable. You can wash the mop head using a washing machine. Sometimes mop heads have some extra attachments on them due to different companies manufacturing them according to their own design. If there are attachments to the mop head you can’t put the mop head into a washing machine. Your washing machine could be badly damaged. So, it is essential to remove all attachments before you wash a mop head in a washing machine.
Step 5: Utilize Water Removing Feature
Some mops have fixed water-removing features. If your mop doesn’t have it, you need an area to take out water from it to any comfortable area you like.
Step 6: Use Detergent
Use any good washing powder or soap to wash it. Because we generally wash mop heads after using them for a long time.
If you finish these steps above, you will get a good mop head like using new. Now dry it and set it again to the main body part carefully. Remember the process you pull it off from the body. It will help you to fit it again smoothly.
Why should we need to clean a spin mop head?
There are many reasons why you should do this. The most important of them is that you are more likely to use a mop for cleaning. If your mop itself isn’t clean, how do you think it will give you the service you bought it for?
There may be some good reasons listed below:
- Creating good Habits: If you get into the habit of removing the mop head and washing it occasionally will help you develop other cleaning habits. Try it. You will be amazed at how it works.
- For Hygiene: Hygiene is the number one reason to clean your mop regularly. Using it to clean the entire premises is not self-cleaning. Calm down! You don’t have to be a psycho germ killer, but it helps to maintain good hygiene.
- Disease defense: The mop itself could be a safe zone for growing some diseases. If you do not clean it properly you may be spreading those germs to other places as well. As you know microfibers disinfect your floors, so you need to clean them with the appropriate cleaning solution.
- For self-satisfaction: It’s your home, if you are not determined to bring a healthy sense of hygiene to your home, nobody will do that for you and your family. If you are clean, it will be good for your children too. And you will attract positive people that must be good for self-development.
Advantages of Cleaning a Mop Head
There are a few advantages of cleaning a mop head regularly.
- Mopping with a clean mop uses less time and give good clean to your floor
- A clean mop is free from germs. So there is no chance of you spreading it while mopping.
Some Advantages of Using a Spin Mop
A Spin mop is a fantastic cleaning tool. It works better than a traditional mop. There are many advantages to using a spin mop. for example-
- If you have a big room or space to clean a spin mop is a good choice. With a spin mop, you can clean more area than a traditional mop in a little time. So, if you have a short time and a big area to clean| go for a spin mop.
- Normal mops will spill too much water. On the other hand, spin mops have a splash guard. It is designed in such a way that it fits perfectly in the bucket. So there is no way for dirty water to come out of the bucket.
- It is really easy to wring water out of it.
- A spin mop head can absorb a lot of water.
Some Disadvantages of Using a Spin Mop
Well, everything has its downside as well. A spin mop is no exception also. There are a few disadvantages of this tool also.
- A spin mop structure is not a strong one. So difficult to use for heavy cleaning. Also, the lasting history is not quite good in comparison to traditional mop. Often you need to replace it. At present, there are some models that offer you changing options though.
- A spin mop comes with different separate parts. You will assemble it all with screws. There is scope, that they could easily break apart if you apply too much pressure when cleaning.
Important Notes before changing a spin mop head
You already go through this writing. Know essential things about how to remove a spin mop head. But I suggest before you start changing the mop head, you still need to keep the following in your mind:
- Read the user manual provided by the manufacturer first.
- Check if the mop head is washable or not.
- Start the change work of a mop head inside the washroom or outside of your house.
If you have other things to know or have any questions about mopping/mopping, please leave us a comment. As soon as possible we will answer.
Thanks for reading and hope this tip helps you.
Also, watch the following video to know more about: