The Best Steam Mop for Laminate Floors to Buy – An Ultimate Guide – MopPull
You might wonder what is the best steam mop for laminate floors. Sometimes, it is much better to maintain and clean your floors rather than fixing them. The key here is the appropriate tool which you can use to maximize the good result on the laminate floor. Steam mops are now very popular for household needs for many good reasons. The cleaning tool is considered more comfortable to use if compared to the ones with buckets filled with water. It can be sued to clean many types of flooring, including laminate floors. However, you need to know that the tool will only work best in certain circumstances since it doesn’t have suction power. But before proceeding, you might have no idea about the steam mop. Let’s cover all of the bases first.
If you want to buy the best steam mop for laminate floors, here is a guide to help you.
1. What is a steam mop?
Steam mop is the mop which uses steaming method to clean the surfaces, floors, as well as carpets. What makes it different from the regular mop is that it does use heat from the steam to disinfect the floors. That means, you don’t need to purchase expensive commercial products for maintaining your floor. All the steam mop models are equipped with a microfibre pad to ease the cleaning process.
2. How to use a steam mop?
Although each model from different brands can have different design, the basics are the same. Steam mops are a perfect choice for any kind of floors including the hardwood and laminates. the method is simple. You just need to fill the bottle in mop with the water. Then, your steam mop will turn it into steam. You can use top rated steam mops for laminate floors without detergents or commercial solutions. But in some severe cases, the small portion of solution is necessary to maximize the result. As usual, you will need to clear the room and sweep or vacuum the floor to remove the dust and particles. Then prepare your steam mop and start mopping. the mop will release the steam and then trap the dust and dirt in its ample microfiber pad. the steam will dry quickly so that you won’t need to wipe it with cloth. Some mops come with extra pads which make it possible to switch to the other pad when you do your core. That way you will not need to wash the pad and dry it first before using it for the large area.
3. What Is the Best Steam Mop?
What makes a good steam mop? What features to look for?
Here are key features that the best steam mop should have.
- Refilled Water Tank
A good steam mop should have an easy-to-refill water tank. So, you do not need to turn off the tool and let it cool first before mopping anymore.
- Cleaning Pads
They are used to trap microfibers and get rid of the shifted dirt away.
- Pad Rest
The feature will allow you to sit the mop on to avoid damages on the floors while you are cleaning them.
- A Telescopic Wand
A good steam mop should have a long and adjustable telescopic wand to allow you mop the floor without bending.
- Carpet Glider
The feature will allow you to mop on carpet easily.
- Steam-Ready Indicator
It will tell you that the generator of the cleaning tool is heated up so you are ready to use it.
- Steam-On and Off Lock Switch
The lock switch will help you to activate continuous steam flow while the steam-off lock switch is a safety feature to avoid accidentally turning on while mopping.
4. How Does Steam Mop Work?
A steam mop is claimed to have the ability to clean grimy floors easily without chemical properties needed. This is possible to happen since the cleaning tool comes with a unique way of operation. The cleaning tool comes with an internal water boiler that is designed to produce steam. Later, the steam created by the water boiler will be pumped out of the mop’s head. This is how the steam mop can loosen grime easily.
5. How to Care for Laminate Floors
Laminate floors are usually easy to maintain. One of the best things you can do to keep the shine on your laminate floors is by cleaning it regularly. You also need to keep in mind to avoid using a wet mop to clean the floors since it will soak the material. This is also important to avoid using harsh scouring devices when cleaning the floors. This is because the floors are easy to suffer from abrasion. Additionally, never drag heavy furniture across the floors to avoid damage to them.
6. How to Clean Laminate Floors with a Steam Mop?
So, how to use the best steam mop for laminate floors? Well, when cleaning the laminate floors by using the device, you need to make sure that it is on a low heat setting. Overheating the laminate floors will lead to the emerging of a large bubble on the surfaces that won’t go away easily. Additionally, overheating the laminates will cause the glue holding the floors easily unstuck.
7. How to clean and shine laminate floors with a steam mop?
It is straightforward and easy to clean and shine the laminate floors with your best steam mop for laminate floors. But you need to make sure that you have chosen the right mop model for handling your laminate floors. If the current mop does not work, you will need to pick the steam mop replacement from the market. Make sure to fill the tank with the water before applying the steam on the floor. Mix the water with cleaning solution if the dirt is too stubborn to get rid of.
Reviews of the Best Steam Mops to Clean Laminate Floors
What is the perfect steam mop for laminate floors? Well, lucky you that there are a lot of steam mop products you can find out there. However, it makes the selection process can be a bit tricky. Choosing the rightest steam mop will not only help you maintain your laminate floors effectively but also can be a good investment. To help you narrow down your options, here are the best steam mop list to clean laminate floors:
1. LIGHT ‘N’ EASY All-In-One Steam Mop
- Dark stains, dust, dirt, and other difficult cases are no longer your concern with the help of Light N Easy All-in-One Steam Mop. As the name suggests, it offers such versatility so that you won’t need to bring multiple tools at the same time to clean your floors.
- Let’s take a look at its fantastic and ergonomic design. Contrary to the commoners in the market, it comes with handle and easy grip. The ergonomic design of the best steam mop for cleaning laminate floors eases the users to conduct their core quickly and more effectively. You can just apply the steam on the surface you want to clean and let the steam mop do the rest.
- As the name suggests, it comes with all-in-one features: the steam mop, carpet cleaner, counter cleaner, garment steamer, as well as glass cleaner. Imagine that you have five main functions in only one device. Not only to save the space storage, but you can also save your time and money in the long run.
- the steam cleaning output comes with 3 flow levels which you can adjust depending on your necessity. For the worse case, you can adjust the flow level to the highest. It is agreeable that we rarely see such unique feature in the other models from different brands.
- This steam mop handles most types of flooring including laminate floors. Just make sure you set the appropriate flow level to get the best result.
2. BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop
The first steam mop product on the list is BISSEL PowerFresh. The cleaning device offers a superior steam cleaning system with a fresh scent. It can be used not only for laminate floors but also for other types of flooring such as wood and tile. BISSEL PowerFresh also comes with great features that will make it easier for you to clean your laminate floors.
- Chemical-Free Clean
The feature will allow you to mop the laminate floors with the natural power of steam. In this way, the device will not harm family members with allergy.
- Fresh Scent
There will be 8 packs of spring breeze fragrance discs you can find in the tool kit. You can insert the discs into your mop pad to give a fresh scent to your rooms.
- Customized Steam Cleaning
There will be three levels of steam control available to choose from. You can select among low, medium, or high steam based on your needs.
- Swivel Steering
The swivel steering provided comes with a 23-foot power cord. The feature will be ready to use just within 30 seconds.
3. LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Floor Stemer
Another best-rated steam mop for laminate floors you can find in the market is LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Floor Steamer. The product comes with a flexible mop head to make it possible for you to mop your floors all at ease and convenient. It is a multifunction steam mop that can be used to clean a wide range of floor types.
As the name suggests, this LIGHT ‘N’ EASY steam mop is super lightweight and easy to use. Without water filled in the tank, the weight of the cleaning tool is about 3.5 pounds. The lightweight of the device is designed to make sure that the device can provide a pleasant experience without reducing its cleaning capabilities.
- High-Temperature Steamer
The cleaning tool can provide you with a high temperature of 1150 W. This will make it possible for you to enjoy powerful natural steam that can be started within 20 seconds. The high-temperature steamer will also allow you to remove stubborn stains and get rid of dirt easily.
- Easy to Operate
The device is also easy to operate. All you need to do is just prepare water and add it to the tank. Then, put on the starting button and the cleaning process is ready to do. The refilled-tank water is also designed as a safety feature, ensuring a friendly environment for the whole family.
- Flexible Mop Head
The great feature that you can get from LIGHT ‘N’ EASY floor steamer is the flexible mop head. It comes with a long cable of 20 feet to make it easier for you to clean hard-to-reach areas.
4. LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop
- LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop makes a great choice if you solely look for the best steam mop for laminate floors. It is not as versatile as its brother (all-in-one version) but it does serve the purpose of mopping the laminate floors. It can help you to get the job done in more affordable price. One of its selling points is its affordable price.
- Then it comes with 19-foot cord which you can easily wrap when not using it. It performs such impressive cleaning regardless the cheap price. So, it is a solid proof that price does not always justify the quality of the product.
- The hot temperature set by the mop can kill bacteria and germs that you want to get rid of the house. The good thing here is that you won’t need to use chemicals or any other products to do that.
- If you have a smaller space, or living in an apartment, this one can be a great option for you thanks to its compact and lightweight traits. Just like its brother version, you will need to fill the tank with the water. Each tank can cater to up to 20 minutes of cleaning before refilling it. It is such a great offer regardless of the small size of the tank. It indeed provides such values for the users. The Light N Easy Steam Mop is very great in many ways.
5. Shark Steam Pocket Mop
The next best steam mop for cleaning laminate floors you should put into consideration is Shark Steam Pocket Mop. The cleaning device will make it possible for you to turn ordinary water into powerful haeted steam. This will allow you to remove grime and dirt in ways that other cleaning tools can’t do. The features offered by Shark Steam Pocket Mop include:
- Powerful Steam
The device comes with powerful steam that can perform natural mopping motion. This feature enables Shark Steam Pocket Mop to produce superheated steam fast. The process only takes 30 seconds. Additionally, the steam produced can also dry instantly.
- 99.9% Sanitization
The Steam Pocket Mop can also perform 99.9% sanitization to fight germs and bacteria effectively. Make sure that the cleaning device ready to use in 30 seconds and then pump the handles 5 up to 10 times. This will help you to get the rightest amount of steam so you can start mopping.
- Soft Grip Handle
The cleaning tool also comes with a soft-grip handle. The design of the handle will make it easier for you to maneuver conveniently while mopping. Additionally, the device is also completed with a quick-release cord. The feature can be used to store and release power cord up to 25 feet.
- Microfiber Pads
There are also 2 washable microfiber pads you can find in the steam mop kit. They can be used to lift and lock in dirt. In this way, there will be no more heavy buckets and messy mop when you are cleaning the floors.
6. McCulloch Heavy-Duty Cleaner
Last but not least, the next best steam mop for laminate floors you should not skip from your radar is McCulloch Heavy-Duty Cleaner. It is a professional steam mop completed with a versatile array of attachments. There are some great features you can find in the cleaning device, include:
- Large-Capacity Tank
The refilled-water tank of the steam mop comes with a relatively large capacity of 48 ounces. The water tank can be heated up in 8 minutes and it allows you to enjoy continuous powerful steam mop up to 45 minutes. This is also possible to happen since the cleaning device is also completed with an optional lockable steam trigger.
- Superior Reach
The Steam Mop is also supported with an extra-long power cord of 15.7 feet. In this way, you will find it easier to clean hard-to-reach areas on your floors. Additionally, the 9-foot steam hose found in the device will enable you to maneuver easily while mopping.
- Chemical-Free Cleaning
The feature will make it possible for you to perform deep clean and sanitize naturally without the need to add chemicals substances. That makes the device environment-friendly and will not cause any health problems for your family.
7. Bissell Steam Mop
- The Bissell Steam Mop is other best steam mop for laminate floors which comes with 2-in-1 design which you can transform to hand-held steam cleaner. The manufacturer of the product claims that it can kill the bacteria and germs for 99.9% without the use of chemical products.
- It is one of the most versatile steam mops on the market that you can find. Besides its 2-in-1 design, it also comes with 13 fantastic attachments that help you to handle hardwood, marble, granite, linoleum, ceramic floors, as well as laminate floors. Price is also relatively affordable for all users.
- It is powerful, maneuverable, and ergonomic. You won’t meet any difficulty when handling it to mop the entire floor. It is also a perfect solution if you have pets at home. The versatility of the mop will make your life much easier than before.
- Its scrubbing brush is also the star of this best steam mop for cleaning laminate floors. This feature alone sets the model apart from the competitors. The convenient controls and simplicity in filling the water tank are also the perks of this steam mop. Whether you have a large or small space to clean, you can always rely on this steam mop.